Tuesday, April 18, 2006

One Campaign

In the wake of the latest round of world disasters, I've taken a hard look around and I realize how incredibly lucky I am. My problems are NOTHING compared to the struggle to live in places like Ethiopia or the Sudan. The most I have to worry about is getting my assignment done on time.

Less than one percent of our federal budget is earmarked to fight AIDS and poverty around the world. One percent of the US budget is currently $25 BILLION. Americans spend $42 BILLION on diet and health books each year.

The ONE Campaign is not asking for money, it's asking for our voices. If enough people speak up, we can make ourselves heard for those who can't speak for themselves. So far, over two million have signed the declaration in support of compassion and justice to help the poorest people of the world.

For more information, go to www.one.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home