A Bunny's Tale

Last year I was challenged to write a poem about the poor rabbit on www.savetoby.com. If this guy didn't get $50,000 by June 30, 2005 he was going to eat Toby.
Oh where, oh where
Has my Zed gone?
He’s small and furry
And can’t last long!
He fled from his cage
On a dark stormy night
Leaving his lettuce
Without taking a bite!
I put up my posters
With number and all
But nobody comes by
And nobody calls
Then I’m surfing one day
On the world wide web
And lo and behold!
It’s my friend Zed!
He’s been found and is safe
But what’s this I'm readin' -
Life is so cruel!
My poor Zed will be eaten!
A comfit he says
O the humanity!
Or a stew or a braise
Or a lalangi!
There is a chance
That Zed is reprieved
We must pay $50 thou
To the dastardly knave
Please help my Zed
He’s cute and he’s furry
And the villain who has him
Is in some kind of hurry!
I went back and checked the website....Toby is now scheduled to die on November 6, 2006 if he doesn't sell 100,000 copies of his book entitled (suprise!) "Save Toby: Buy This Book or the Bunny Dies."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home