Cause & Effect
"Because I'm using [product] I'm more [insert adjective here]!" How many times in print and video have we been told to use something to make us more whatever? Part of me really believes that using this will make me look younger, fresher, sexy. The other three parts say "Are you insane? A $120 product may help, but there are other CHEAPER ways, such as getting enough sleep and drinking lots of water! Save your money for things that are really important, like an iPod!"I read an article in Time or Newsweek a couple of weeks ago about the aging baby boomers and how our generation would reap the benefits of all their research into turning back or stopping the clock. Why is aging such a bad thing? It's a natural process that seems to be lamented more and more. So the technology is there if I want to take advantage of it. WooHoo! Trying to look ten years or even five years younger is very tiring and worrisome. I think I'll grow old gracefully, without regret, and relish every one of my laugh lines, gray hairs and creaking bones. Then I can look back and say "I remember the fun I had when I hurt my knee snowboarding. It bothers me now, but it was lots of fun at the time!"
Hmmm....could this be an effect of all of the beauty advertising?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home