Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Can't believe it's Wednesday already

I finished reading the assignment in Oldach for this weekend. I heartily agree with his thoughts on creativity and space. If you don't have a conducive space, you can't be creative. I consider myself lucky because I have a window in my cubicle at the law school. It is right across from the bus stop and sometimes I sit and watch what happens. I make up stories about the woman with five kids, the man in the wheelchair, the group of high school students walking home. It's a great way for me to take a break from all the legalese and just sit. I've also created my own space at home....one that is laid out my way, decorated my way, furnished my way. Here's a pic of my "creative space." The white disk on the left of my computer is a cat bed. My pets love to come in my room and help me work! The cats are very helpful in the "holding down the papers and books" department and the dog is the best foot warmer around!

Like I said, I can't believe it's Wednesday! Where has the week (and January and February) gone? Finally got the newsletter out the door yesterday and I have some space to breathe. Inhale, exhale. OK, that's about all the time I have.

2 Comments:

Blogger MRB said...

Wow your space is so neat. I am trying to be better about my area but lately I have had to be so mobile. My desk is a corner booth at the coffee shop, a table in the quiet lounge on the second floor of the student center, and a table in Langsdale Library. I guess I'm getting used to not having anything permanent. But your space is so nice.

3/02/2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger Isela said...

No matter how much I clean, it neve fails that my desk is covered in paper 24hrs later. I envy your clean space!

3/04/2006 2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home