Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Getting to the Message...

If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything; it is open to everything. In the Beginner's mind, there are many possibilities. In the Expert's mind, there are few.
Shunryu Suzuki, author, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind

I've read Mr. Suzuki's book before, but when applied to the creative process, this quote has a whole new meaning for me. In Oldatch, Chapter 1, the author remarks that blank space is scary to a writer or designer. I disagree. Even though it's my job as writer or designer to fill that space, I agree with Mr. Suzuki. The more open you are to concepts and brainstorming on any level, the opportunities are infinite. The whitespace represents an opportunity for you to breathe life into your thoughts and to animate someone else's world with them for a time.

Any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home